Monday, August 12, 2013

In which I show off my crafting...

While it sometimes seems like a spend all my time taking care of Charlie, and frantically trying to keep the house semi-clean in the few hours that he's napping, I actually do have time to do some creative, crafting things.  Charles is starting to take longer, more regular naps, and he's also very easy-going and happy when he's awake, so I do get a chance to make some interesting things. 


I wanted to make a mobile for Charlie's room so Phil and I made this one together.  The one flaw is that is doesn't move too much, unless the heat is on and blowing on it.  I've been trying to find a motor I could add, but so far haven't had much luck. 

Another thing for his room was this alphabet sign.  I saw a similar one on Etsy, and then made my own in about 5 minutes and using a $3 frame from Target.  


My first quilt!  I had this mostly done before Charlie arrived, with the exception of the binding.  A friend did the binding for me soon after his birth so I could use it while he was still little.  Now that he rolls all over it just looks pretty, but when he was little and I wanted him to have floor time it worked out perfectly for him to play on.


A friend saw a quilt on Pinterest and (jokingly) said her baby girl wanted me to make it for her. Since I wanted to try another quilt anyway I decided to give it a go.  Despite its flaws, I think it looks pretty cute, and it definitely was a good learning experience.


 Using scrap fabric, I made this table runner for my mom as a (very late) Mother's Day gift.  It was a great way to use up all the little fabric piles I have, and I think I'm going to make one for myself.


One of my knitting projects that I've actually finished recently.  This sweater is great for cool Monterey and I get a lot of use out of it.


Another sweater I knit, this time for the little Bear.  I still need to block it and add the buttons, but he looked pretty cute modelling it for me. 


My latest little craft (thanks to my friend Abbey) are these feltanimals.  Felt is only $0.29 at the craft store, so I got several different colors and picked out a couple different animal patterns to try.  Charlie is still a little unsure of them, but they're a great toy to bring to a quiet place, like Church, and he seems to enjoy throwing them around. :)

1 comment:

  1. You are so amazingly creative!!! I admire you so very much dear daughter!

    ReplyDelete