Tuesday, January 17, 2012

On exercise...

Now that we're settling in to a little bit of a routine and getting to know the area, we've decided to take advantage of all the free classes offered at the NPS gym.  I was really dedicated to working out over the spring and summer, but then life got in the way and I didn't work out too much over the fall.  Now that it's winter, I don't have much else to do, and I have the motivation of a family wedding in the spring, I've been going to the gym.  A lot.  I guess that's a good thing.  Today I took two classes back-to-back.  Yoga and Zumba.  I love yoga.  It helps me relax and fell calmer.  Surprisingly, I'm pretty flexible.  I can get into some pretty tough, knot-yourself-up-like-a-pretzel, yoga positions.  When I finish I feel pretty good.  Not so much with Zumba.  For those of you who have no idea what Zumba is (I didn't until five days ago) here's a youtube clip:



I have no idea who these people are, but the video gives you the basic idea.  Check out the girl in the green pants.  The one who has no idea what she's doing, looks wildly around at the others and is usually a beat behind everyone else.  That's me.  I may have conquered tree pose, but shaking my booty around is much, much tougher!

1 comment:

  1. Robin and I are considering doing Zumba too this winter. I'm sure I'll make a fool out of myself.
    HA!

    ReplyDelete