Monday, January 2, 2012

....and we're back

It's been a crazy couple months, but we're still alive!!  Note to self for the next move: try not to do it the week of Christmas.  Since it's been so busy lately, let me recap:

First week of Dec. I worked crazy hours and Phil drove up to Monterey and back down.  Signed the rental agreement for a cute little house.
Second week of Dec. I worked crazy hours while Phil and I tried to get the house in order and spend time with friends before leaving.  Movers came on the 16th, and I worked my last day.
Third week of Dec. we drove to Phil's families in OC, then drove to Monterey.  Got Phil checked in to school, our movers came, and I unpacked the kitchen.  Drove back down to Southern CA.
Fourth week of Dec. we spent Christmas with the family and got to see our cute little nephew!  Drove back to Monterey.  Spent a quiet New Years together in our new little home.
First week of Jan. we've been unpacking, getting settled and exploring the area.  Phil starts classes later this week and I'll continue to get things organized and in their place.

So far things have been going really well.  Everything went smoothly with the move, we enjoyed a happy Christmas with the family, and on Saturday our newest little nephew Christopher arrived in the world safe and healthy!  We're getting to know our neighborhood, visited a great little Church down the street, and are getting comfortable in our new place.  We're praying for a continued smooth transition into our new schedules and routines.  Here's to a happy New Year for all!

3 comments:

  1. Great update! Glad all is going well for you. Can't wait to come and see it for myself.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy! Glad you're getting settled in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see your house! Post pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete