Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Craftiness again...

Now that the holidays are over and everything has been gifted, I can finally show off all the knitting I did over the last two months.  Cowls are in this year.  That's what I say anyway.  To make sure everyone was very stylish and update I knit them all cowls for Christmas.  The thing I love about making them is that they are quick to knit, I can use almost any yarn I want, and they look super cute.  Check it out:

A Mobius cowl for my mom.  This one I actually knit twisted on purpose. 

A long, squishy cowl for my mother-in-law.  Somewhere in the "making everyone super stylish" busy-ness, I never did make myself a cowl.  I'd really like to make one like this.  Super warm!!

One for my bff Abbey.  This one was lace-weight with beads.  Never knit with beads before, but I enjoyed it.  It thoroughly impressed my husband. 

 "Bellyphant" baby sweater for little nephew Christopher, who arrived 12/31!  This sweater had been languishing in the knitting basket, one sleeve and the buttons still left.  Christopher's early arrival pushed me into finishing it.

And lastly, the "Little Owls" sweater for baby William.  Aren't the owls just adorable??  I think so.

So there we have it.... what I've been doing with my time (instead of blogging).  And as soon as we get some pictures hung and our last few boxes unpacked, I will post 'new house' pictures so you (**coughcoughKaleycoughcough**) can check out our cute place.

3 comments:

  1. all so cute! I especially like the baby sweaters =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. after seeing your ah-mazing knitting skills nick says "kaley- what do you do in your free time?" .... and yes. i want to see that house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great knitting dear. Maybe I'll bring my New England scarf with the beads with me when I come visit and you can amaze me too!!

    Love you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete