Friday, July 22, 2011

Student

So, I am officially a student again!

I've sort of been at a loss since graduating college.  A B.A. in Art History was super interesting to study, but hasn't been very helpful when it comes to getting a job.  I've toyed with the idea of going back to grad school for... something, but haven't been really sure what I want to do, and am hesitant to spend 2-3 years and loads of money on a degree, only to finish up and be ready to start a family, not a job.

Working at (the front desk of) a school has really peaked my interested in pursuing some kind of education degree.  While teaching elementary school would be fun, there's a lot of requirements for the certification, plus CA seems to be firing more teachers than they're hiring, so not sure that's the best option right now.  Preschool, on the other had, is something I'm really interested in, and the requirements aren't nearly as intense, and it also seems like a really portable career for someone who's a Navy wife and will be relocating every 2 years.  After looking around I found a great online accelerated Early Education Certification program.  A certification is only 27 credits (9 classes) and this program offers them in 5 weeks session, which means you could have your certification in just a few months!  Not only is it a quick program, the online factor is great for me, since the Navy will be sending us somewhere new sooner rather than later!   I hope this gives me more options as I move to new places and look for work, and it will definitely come in handy when I have my own little preschoolers!

2 comments:

  1. Great thinking on your part, as usual. I love the pic of you and your book too! You are such a wonderful woman. Love you tons!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a great idea! i think i had that book in college!

    ReplyDelete