Thursday, August 23, 2012

Getting my craft on

So, I feel like I've lost my creative mojo lately.  I've gotten behind in my knitting, my sewing machine is broken, and I'm afraid if I bake I'll sit and eat the entire cake by myself.  However, one of my coworkers had a birthday this week and it inspired me to get crafty again.  I saw this link on Pinterest showing you how to make a cupcake bouquet and decided to give it a try.  I found a great recipe on Allrecipes for lemon cupcakes that I topped with strawberry frosting (super yum!!) and set to work putting together my little bouquet.  

Just needed a few pieces to make the bouquet.  A cute pot (or cute things like ribbons and sparkly butterflies to decorate your pot!) a styrofoam ball and some tissue paper.

Also, some delicious mini-cupcakes.

The ball goes in the pot, and the cupcakes go onto toothpicks spaced out along the top of the ball.  Frosting gets piped onto the cupcakes, and tissue paper strips tucked in between the "roses" to fill it all.  

Ta-da!!  My bouquet. Super cute.  

2 comments:

  1. that's so cute! And would make such a nice gift also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never stop being creative, you are so good at it! (I hope to sample some of your wares next time I'm in Monterey.)

    ReplyDelete