Thursday, November 17, 2011

Dickens...

So I recently stumbled upon a Dickens adaption that I had never seen before, "Little Dorrit".  Netflix recommended it based on my viewing history  (hmm... maybe all those period pieces??) so I ordered it.  Winner of 7 Emmys, this was a great mini-series!  Filled with the usual cast of eccentric Dickens characters, if followed the life of young Amy Dorrit and her trials and fortunes.   While I'm of the "Colin Firth is the only Mr. Darcy"  persuasion, and did't pay any attention to Matthew Macfadyn in the recent "Pride and Prejudice", I certainly noticed him as Mr. Clennam in this show. :)  Also, Claire Foy is a newer actress who does a wonderful job as sweet Amy.  And can I say, without spoiling anything- cutest ending EVER?!?  Highly recommended!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to watch it. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete